Click on your test below for how to prepare, what to do, and what to expect when you arrive at Preston’s Pharmacy for your COVID-19 Test.
Below is the information which may be used for insurance reimbursement from your health care policy. Please note each plan has its own unique requirements/max coverage. Reach out to your insurance for specifics on all required information to file in addition to your confirmation email and payment receipt.
- Collection site store National Provider Identification (NPI): 1104362227
- Collection Site Tax ID: 81-4422551
- Diagnosis Code: Z03.818 Possible Exposure to COVID
- Procedure Number: U0004
The COVID-19 ANTIBODY test is made by Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.
Please arrive at your scheduled time
Coming from Lee Highway, turn onto Edison St. We have a parking lot available for the public. In case that this lot is full, street parking on Edison Street is acceptable.
Our address is:
5101 Lee Highway
Arlington VA 22207
1. Once you arrive, please come inside the pharmacy to the testing room in the back. There will be signs directing you.
2. Sign in on the sign-in sheet hanging outside the testing room.
3. Please wait outside the room for the test administrator to come get you, and observe social distancing while you wait.
4. Your results will be reported within 3-5 days via email. If you do not hear from us after that, please reach out to us.
Our address is:
2924 Telestar Ct
Falls Church, VA 22042
1. Once you are ready in your parking spot, please text 888-822-8870 with your name and spot number.
2. Please keep your windows closed and have your ID and insurance card out and ready to show when asked. If you are a cash customer, your SSN or tax ID are required. Federal funding requires that you prove you are a legal resident if you are not commercially insured
3. The sample collector will then further instruct you to roll down your window and will proceed with the testing process.
4. Your results will be reported within 3-5 days, by midnight, via email. If you do not hear from us after that, please reach out to us.
- Fasting is NOT required for this test.
- WEAR A MASK or facial covering to protect both you and the person administering the test.
- Please note there are NO REFUNDS for cancellations or missed appointments. If you are more than 15 minutes late, that is considered a missed appointment. To reschedule you will have to book a new appointment and pay an additional $45 to reserve a testing slot.
- NO REFUNDS for rescheduling.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
***Please note, if you have any signs or symptoms of illness, please do not come in for your appointment. We offer continued antibody testing Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-5:00pm.
For more information about this test, please go to www.orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com\en-us\home\
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Who made the test?
A: Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.
Q: How accurate is this test?
A: This test has a sensitivity of 100% and a specificity of 99.6% making it the most accurate COVID-19 antibody test currently available. This test is authorized to be performed and marketed by the FDA.
Q: Is this a blood test or a swab?
A: This test requires a blood draw collection from the arm.
Q: What is it testing for?
A: This blood test identifies the presence of antibodies which indicates that a person had an immune response to COVID-19 (also known as coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2). A positive result to this antibody (IgG) test indicates that you may have had a previous exposure to COVID-19 and your body has developed antibodies.
Q: Am I a good candidate for testing?
A: All healthy individuals who have not experienced any illness or symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste, dry cough, lethargy, vomiting, lightheadedness, or dizziness are appropriate candidates for obtaining the test.
Q: At what point after exposure to the virus will antibodies be detectable?
A: It can take up to 14 days after the onset of symptoms for antibodies to be developed within the body, however 91% of people develop such antibodies within the first 8-13 days. Some people infected with COVID-19 will never exhibit symptoms but will have a detectable antibody response. Hence, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics recommends waiting the full 14 days from the day you believe you were exposed to receive the most accurate result.
Q: Am I able to pay for this test using my health insurance?
A: Health insurance will cover the lab test fee, but our pharmacy still requires an out-of-pocket payment of $45 for the blood draw and scheduling fee. If you do not have insurance, the test will still only cost you $45.